ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error arises on Google Chrome. It arises when the internet connection or the browser is preventing from loading the page. The error message means that Chrome is not able to access the network and hence the error.
When the error occurs the following type of message is displayed Unable to access the network ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED or Your connection was interrupted, A network changed was detected, Check your internet connection.
How to Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Error in Chrome
Various sites are affected due to this error such as Google, Gmail, Facebook, YouTube, etc. You cannot access anything on Chrome until the error is fixed. Various issues can lead to this error, so there are several methods to solve the issue. Here are a few methods that might help you in solving your error.
Method 1: Restart Your Modem
There are times when ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error arises due to modem. The error can be resolved by simply restarting the modem. Sometimes the network may experience some technical errors which can only be overcome by restarting the modem. If the ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED error is still not fixed, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Flush the DNS and Reset TCP/IP
Here is a full guide to resolve the error by changing DNS settings and resetting TCP/IP protocol.
- Right-click on Windows Button.
- Choose “Command Prompt (Admin).”
- Type the following commands, in the elevated command prompt and press Enter after each one.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
- Open the elevated command prompt again. Type the subsequent commands and select Enter after each one.
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat –r netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
- To execute these changes, reboot the computer.
After that, ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED in Chrome should be fixed. If it is still not fixed then go for another method.
Method 3: Clear Browsing Data in Chrome
Another method to fix this error can be the clearing of chrome’s browsing data. It is very simple to clear browsing data. You can simply use Ctrl + Shift + Delete and the browsing data will be cleared.
Another way to clear browsing data is: –
- Go to start menu of chrome
- Click on the menu option at the top right
- Click on the history there
- Click on the clear browsing data
- Checkmark the following:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other sire and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Autofill form data
- Restart your PC.
And it’s done.
Method 4: Use Google DNS
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Choose your Wi-Fi then click on it and select
- Go to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Select Properties.
- Choose “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type the following:
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
And it’s done
Method 5: Uncheck Proxy
- Press the Windows Key + R
- To open Internet Properties type “cpl” and hit enter.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Select LAN settings.
- You will have to uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN
- You should make sure that “Automatically detect settings” is checked
- After that Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
And it’s done.
Method 7: Reinstall your network adapter drivers
- To open device manager, Press Windows Key + R then type “msc” and hit Enter.
- Find your network adapter name by expanding network adapters.
- It is advisable that you note down the adapter name just in case something goes wrong.
- Uninstall your network adapter.
- Select Yes/OK for confirmation.
- Restart your PC
- Try to reconnect to your network.
- If the driver software is not automatically installed then you will not be able to connect to your network.
- In such a case, you need to visit your manufacturer’s website and download the driver from there.
- Install the driver and reboot your PC.
Method 8: Delete WLAN Profiles
- For this, you have to press Windows Key + X
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type “netsh wlan show profiles” command in the cmd and hit Enter
- Type the netsh wlan delete profile name=”[PROFILE NAME]”command and remove all WIFI profiles.
- Try to reconnect to your WIFI after that.
And it’s done
I hope these methods help you in resolving your error. This error arises due to various reasons. So, if one method does not work then keep on trying different methods.
- 1 How to Fix ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED Error in Chrome
- 2 Conclusion