ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is known to be an error message. It is the most common error which occurs while browsing over the internet. However, this error prevents the browser to pass through. On the other hand, the error connects to a specific website.
This is the reason for which the user’s access to the network is restricted. However, in this particular case starting the computer again fails to work. It is like a mystery to solve this problem. Howsoever, there are solutions to get rid of this problem.
The users need to recognize the problem to fix the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error. There are different reasons that can cause this particular error message to appear on the browser. The main reason that is known causing it is the Antivirus software program which is installed on the PC. Antivirus protects users over the internet. Firewall strategy is used for betterment. Additionally, this can result in disconnection to the internet on different occasions.
Local Area Network (LAN) or Wireless Connection of the users is one of the reasons for the initiation of this error. This disconnects the user’s PC also. Additionally, browser cookies, as well as caches, can stop the access of the internet.
The users should connect again to their wireless or wired network. One can do a power cycle or power the router, or switch it off. Following this, the users can turn it back on and re-connect their device (iPad or iPhone or computer or any other devices).
The main problem is that the system of the user is not able to access the internet properly. So the first and foremost thing one should ensure is the connectivity checks. It can be either wireless or wired. Additionally, they should give the surety that whether they can connect to the router or switch from their other devices.
If it is wireless, users should try to connect a phone or a smart device to the route wirelessly. It will help to see whether the internet is working or not. If it is wired, then another computer over the Ethernet is connected to the router.
If it shows positive results, then the users are requested to continue with the steps given below. However, it might show negative results. This is the reason why the users need to troubleshoot this with the help of the ISP. They can also use the Internet Provider.
How to Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error
There are different solutions to solve this problem. A trial must be taken with the help of the following methods. This will help them to check whether a particular method works for the users or not.
Method 1: Fix Local Area Network Settings
One of the most common reasons behind this type of error is a change in Local Area Network (LAN) settings automatically. This process takes place inside the user’s PC. The user can modify those settings to bring his or her internet back to work.
- First, press Win + X on the keyboard to go to Control Panel.
- Then Control Panel is selected. This is opened from the Start menu in other versions of Windows.
- After that, click on Internet Options inside the control panel. If the users are unable to find it, then they switch the view to small icons. They will definitely see it.
- Following this, one should navigate to the Connections. It is actually situated inside the Internet Options window. It is located at the top. In the end, “LAN settings” is pressed.
- After the users are inside LAN settings, they should uncheck every option. Lastly, click on, OK.
This method will definitely work for users. The users should move on to the next solution if this method fails due to some reasons.
Method 2: Clearing Browsing Data
Two things that can terminate the users’ network connection are cookies and caches. However, if these two things are cleared, it will help to resolve the issue related to the users’ internet connection.
Clear Browsing Data on Firefox
- The browsing data on the Firefox browser can be cleared by pressing Ctrl followed by Shift and then the Del shortcut key on the keyboard.
- A new window opens that shows default options.
- Then click on Clear Now.
- In the end, restart the Firefox browser. This will help to browse the web.
Clear Browsing Data on Google Chrome
- First, the users should type chrome://history inside the address bar.
- Then click on Clear browsing data.
- The users should check the boxes inside the Window appearing.
- Again click on Clear browsing data.
- Lastly, the users must restart the chrome and check whether it works or not.
Method 3: Reinstalling Antivirus
Antivirus and Firewall have the potential and capability as well to limit access to the internet.
- First, uninstall antivirus from Control Panel. Then go to Program & Feature. And after that, Uninstall a Program.
- After it has been uninstalled, the users should check if they can access the Internet.
If the users are able to access the Internet, then the Antivirus software was the culprit. Additionally, one should permit to allow internet or use a free one like AVG, which does similar work. It is the same as that of other antivirus software.
Method 4: Delete WLAN Profiles (Wireless Profiles)
- Windows Key and X is clicked together.
- Following the above-mentioned step, click to Command Prompt (Run as Administrator) or Click Start. Then type cmd. Lastly, one should right-click on cmd and choose the option run as administrator.
- After that, in the command prompt, type netsh wlan show profiles.
- Following this, one should write a command that is mentioned below. Then all WiFi profiles are deleted.
netsh wlan delete profile name=[PROFILE NAME]
- This must be done for all the WiFi profiles, and then reconnection must take place only on the user’s WiFi.
- One should make sure that they should not include the “Quotes” while removing the WiFi name.
Method 5: Change Internet Options
Most often, this type of error can be caused by the proxy. Interference may happen to the system. Additionally, it may cause this, as well as other errors, appear too.
The users just need to follow some steps given below to disable proxy in Windows 10:
Step 1: The first one must press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
Step 2: After that, When the Settings app opens, the users must navigate to the Network & Internet section.
Step 3: Then, Proxy is selected from the menu on the left. Lastly, one should disable all options.
Once the users have disabled the proxy, they should check whether the problem is still there or not. However, if the users are still concerned about their privacy, then one best way to protect it is to use a VPN.
Method 6: Disable/Remove Your Antivirus/Firewall
Antivirus and firewall are the two tools that interfere with the internet connection of the users. Additionally, if a person is getting this type of error, then they can temporarily disable their antivirus as well as firewall according to their choice.
On the other hand, if antivirus and firewall disabling fail to fix the problem, then one should try uninstalling them. The users can reinstall it again or switch to a different antivirus tool if the problem has been fixed after the removal of the third-party antivirus or firewall software.
Antivirus tools are many in number. One of them provides maximum security to the users. They must definitely prefer Bitdefender.
Method 7: Reinstall Your Network Adapter
This may happen if the adapter of the network drivers fails to cope up with the operating system. However, the users are recommended to reinstall their drivers to fix this issue. A simple process is mentioned. In order to do it, the users need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: First, the users need to press Windows Key + X to open the Power User Menu. Then click on Device Manager from the menu.
Step 2: After opening the Device Manager, the users need to locate the network adapter. Then one should right-click it. Then they must click to Uninstall device.
Step 3: The users need to check to Delete the driver software for this device if available. Lastly, click on Uninstall.
After the users have deleted the driver, they must restart their PC. After the PC restarts, the users should install the default driver. The users can continue using it if the default driver works well as well as the issue is resolved. However, if the driver fails to work, then the users must download the latest version.
One can automatically update the missing drivers if they want to. This can be done by using the TweakBit Driver Updater software.
Method 8: Change the Name and Password of Your Wireless Network
Another way to fix the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error is to change the name as well as the password of the wireless network of the users. To continue with this process, firstly, the users must simply connect to the router. After this, one has to go to the section, which is wireless, and can alter the necessary data. The users, however, can disable and enable the wireless connection from the router itself.
These are the few methods by which the users can fix the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error. The users should try one method at a time to fix this problem. They will surely succeed in fixing up this problem by any of these above-mentioned methods.
- 1 How to Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED Error
- 1.1 Method 1: Fix Local Area Network Settings
- 1.2 Method 2: Clearing Browsing Data
- 1.3 Method 3: Reinstalling Antivirus
- 1.4 Method 4: Delete WLAN Profiles (Wireless Profiles)
- 1.5 Method 5: Change Internet Options
- 1.6 Method 6: Disable/Remove Your Antivirus/Firewall
- 1.7 Method 7: Reinstall Your Network Adapter
- 1.8 Method 8: Change the Name and Password of Your Wireless Network
- 2 Conclusion