Someone wise once said, “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” This does not necessarily mean that we will be leading the nation if we are bookaholics, but that we will be leading our lives and whatever we put our heart to, better. Books are indeed medicine for the mind and the soul. The best part is that there is a book for everybody. With the diverse writing styles and numerous genres, and uncountable languages, there is indeed a treat for all.
Most articles you will stumble upon on the internet will tell you about websites where you can read books free, but they will not tell you which books to read. Books too can have a negative or positive impact on a person and can shape the person for the better or worse, which is why it is important to read the right book. Moreover, not all books excite the reader, which is why we have made a comprehensive book list, sorted into categories so that you can start reading what suits you most!
The Best Books to Read on the Internet for Free
Before we get down to the list, it is important to mention that if you are planning to download these books on your computer or smartphone, you would need a high-speed internet connection that can instantly transfer the files from the World Wide Web onto your device.
So, if you are looking for such a provider, then make sure to check out Spectrum internet plans as they offer incredible internet speeds with an unlimited data allowance. With that said, let us move on to the book list.
If You Are Into Classics
These are the finest works of literature ever written and are suitable for most ages. From schools including them in their curriculum to scholars’ writing papers on them, the classics are truly works of absolute art.
The brilliance of a classic is that it never ages, which means that it will forever be relevant even if we settle on Mars and start eating pine trees. Here are some classic works that you can find on the internet free:
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- The Happy Prince and Other Stories by Oscar Wilde
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Time Machine by H.G Wells
- Little Women by Lousie May Alcott
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
- The Poetical Works of William Wordsworth
If You Are Into Ancient Reads
These are extraordinary writings by people of the past based on what they deciphered of the world and the things around them. Not only does one learn from their ideas but also it is because of these works that man has progressed.
Get ready to unravel the mysteries of the past:
- The Odyssey by Homer
- The Republic by Plato
- The Histories by Herodotus
- Metamorphoses by Ovid
- Aesop’s Fables by Aesop
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The Twelve Caesars by Suetonius
- Letters from a Stoic by Seneca
- The Quest of Gaul by Julius Caesar
- The Golden Ass by Apuleius
- Politics by Aristotle
- The Book of Job by Anonymous
If You Are Into Horror
I always prefer horror books over movies because they leave so much to the imagination and whilst reading them, the mind can get wild, and can truly experience fright. However, be warned, these are not for the faint-hearted. Save some for Halloween but with the rest, snuggle in your bed and dim the lights for the utmost experience.
- Premium Harmony by Stephen King
- Shiva, Open Your Eye by Laird Barron
- Abraham’s Boys by Joe Hill
- The Doll by Daphne du Maurier
- Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- Puppet Boy by Zombies
- Sunbleached by Nathan Ballingurd
- The Sloan Men by David Nickle
- A Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman
- The Thing on the Doorstep by H.P Lovecraft
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
- The Empty House by Algernon Blackwood
If You Are Into Technology and Business
These days learning about the advancements of tech and its basics can help you in a lot of ways; from blogging online to landing a job that pays well. If not that, these books will definitely polish your skills. Of course, there is nothing better than a book that serves a purpose and flows with knowledge.
- How to Speak and Write Correctly
- Professional Customer Service
- Fail As Fast As You Can and Other Contrarian Business Secrets
- Beginners Guide to the Internet
- Web Marketing Success
- The Upstairs by Brad Stone
- Hooked Nir Eyal
- The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
If You Are Into Love Stories
Everyone loves a little (or a lot!) of romance in their lives and what better to spring right into the mood and go to cloud nine by reading the best romantic stories out there. Not only with these tales of love, heartbreak and happiness make your stomach get butterflies, but also you will not be able to forget the tales for a long time! The cherry on top, you can pick up taglines to woo your significant other!
- Fractured by Dani Rene
- Playing With Fire by L.J Shen
- A Rare Gift by Jaci Burton
- All She Wants for Christmas by Jaci Burton
- The Rise of Magicks by Nora Roberts
- The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan
- Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- Guardian Angel by Julie Garwood
- Coach by Alexa Riley
- Until You by Judith McNaught
- One With You by Sylvia Day
With this list, you are set for an entire year to come. We recommend mixing and matching from the list to make the best out of your reading experience. Some of these bestselling books have even been made into award-winning Netflix series and movies so once you are done with the reading, be sure to watch them on the screen. Though the book is always better, most of the movie adaptions are worth watching as well!