Your IP address resembles a visa or public security number for your PC. It’s novel, fixed, and tells everybody on the web precisely what your identity is and where you’re found. To secure your protection and well being on the web, it’s imperative to realize how to hide your IP address.
By concealing your IP address, you cause it to show up as though your IP has changed when, truly, your actual IP address stays immaculate. It is a simple method to guarantee your web action stays private and secure. It likewise permits you to sidestep geographic limitations and stream content from abroad.
- 1 What Is An IP Address?
- 2 The 4 Best Ways To Hide Your IP Address
- 3 Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- 4 How Does A VPN Hide Your IP Address?
- 5 Use A Web Proxy
- 6 Use The Tor Browser
- 7 Use Your Mobile Network
- 8 Why Do I Need To Hide My IP Address?
- 9 Protect Your Privacy and Security
- 10 Unblock Websites
- 11 Prevent Targeted Advertising
What Is An IP Address?
Your IP (Internet Protocol) address is an interesting number given to your web association by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Each gadget that associates with the web gets its own exceptional location.
Your IP address depends on your physical area. It shifts relying upon where you live and the switch you’re associated with, so your home IP address contrasts from your work IP address.
By utilizing your IP address, your ISP can record the entirety of the sites you visit and the work area or portable applications you use. Also, sites themselves can see that you’ve visited them and where you’re visiting from.
You can check your IP address with a couple of simple steps.
The 4 Best Ways To Hide Your IP Address
The two best and most famous approaches to shroud your IP address are utilizing a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and utilizing a proxy server. The Tor Browser gives a third choice that is extraordinary for secrecy, yet is horrendously moderate. You can likewise shroud your IP utilizing your mobile data.
Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Spoof your location.
- Encrypt your web traffic.
- Hide your browsing activity.
- Allow for private torrenting & P2P.
- Unblock geo-restricted content.
Some VPNs will likewise give unhindered web access in high-oversight nations like China and the United Arab Emirates.
How Does A VPN Hide Your IP Address?
A VPN (or Virtual Private Network) is a bit of programming that occupies the entirety of your web traffic through a private server. It likewise scrambles your web association so your ISP can’t screen or square your movement.
Respectable VPN suppliers offer servers in many nations around the globe, and every server has its own novel IP address.
You can utilize a VPN to maintain a strategic distance from government oversight, access limited Netflix libraries, and sidestep other site blocks.
Shockingly, some VPN administrations are more dependable than others. You need to try to utilize a VPN administration that doesn’t release, in any case your genuine IP address will be uncovered.
It’s likewise worth considering your VPN supplier’s logging strategy and where it is based before making any buys.
Our VPN suggestions for 2020 take these variables into thought (and some more) to figure out which are the best VPNs accessible today.
Use A Web Proxy
A proxy server goes about as a broker among you and the sites you visit.
Utilizing a proxy web will:
- Hide your IP address from specific websites.
- Bypass geographical restrictions on certain pages.
- Bypass IP address blocks.
With a proxy, your web traffic gets steered to the proxy server first, rather than heading out straightforwardly to your objective site. The proxy server at that point visits the site for your benefit and advances you its substance.
Utilizing an proxy is a free and simple approach to conceal your IP address, however it is far less secure and solid than utilizing a VPN. There are three primary explanations behind this:
- Proxy servers do not encrypt your traffic: This implies ISPs, governments, and programmers can keep an eye on your online movement when you utilize an proxy.
- Web proxies can be unreliable: Since they are free, proxy server will in general get packed. You can unblock some geo-limited substance utilizing an proxy. Yet, admittance to high-transmission capacity destinations, similar to video web-based features, can be untrustworthy.
- Proxies are application-specific: A web proxy will just divert the traffic sent from the program you’re utilizing the intermediary with. A VPN scrambles and reroutes the entirety of the web traffic sent from your gadget.
You can download some mainstream intermediaries as a free program expansion. Basically download the expansion from your internet browser’s store and add it to your program window.
On the other hand, you can visit a web intermediary site like hide.me or HideMyAss. Here, you essentially enter the URL of your ideal site. The intermediary will at that point visit the site for your sake and forward you its substance, concealing your IP address simultaneously.
On the off chance that you need to unblock one explicit video or site, at that point an proxy is like your most ideal choice. In the event that you need a more elevated level of security, protection, and dependability, at that point you have to utilize a VPN.
To find out additional, read our committed guide on the contrasts between intermediary server and VPNs.
Use The Tor Browser
The Tor Network (or The Onion Router) is an open-source, decentralized framework run by volunteers the world over. It is a free and mainstream path for clients to shroud their IP address and stay mysterious on the web.
The most widely recognized approach to utilize Tor is through the Tor Browser, which depends on Firefox. Pinnacle applies layered encryption to your web traffic and bobs it through a worldwide organization of workers before it arrives at the more extensive web.
At the last worker in the organization — known as the ‘exit node’ — the last layer of encryption is taken out and your traffic is sent onto your objective site.
Now, your action has expected the IP address of this last worker. This disguises your personality, area, and online action from following or reconnaissance.
If that you use Tor, your IP address is covered up and you’re as close as you can get to being completely mysterious on the web. All things considered, Tor has weaknesses:
- Tor is incredibly slow: Various workers and encryption layers imply that sites frequently take far longer to stack than they typically would.
- Tor is often associated with criminality: The obscurity offered by Tor draws in a network of unpalatable characters. The Dark Web, for example, is just open through Tor. Accordingly, utilizing Tor may bring about undesirable consideration from specialists.
- Difficulty bypassing geo-restrictions: In spite of the fact that Tor conceals your IP address behind the last worker in the organization, controlling where that worker is found isn’t simple. You may hence battle to sidestep explicit geographic limitations.
Tor is most helpful when online obscurity is absolutely critical — for columnists, activists, and informants, for instance. For most of the individuals, a VPN or intermediary worker is a lot snappier and less complex approach to shroud your IP address.
In the event that you’d prefer to find out additional, we have made a top to bottom guide clarifying the contrasts among Tor and VPN.
Use Your Mobile Network
If you think your house organization’s IP address has been undermined or prohibited, you can course the entirety of your web traffic through your cell phone’s versatile organization. This will outfit you with another IP address for your perusing meeting.
To switch to mobile data:
- Go into your smartphone’s settings app.
- Turn on Personal Hotspot.
- On your device(s), connect to your smartphone’s hotspot.
- Start browsing using mobile data.
There are a couple of things you ought to consider before utilizing this arrangement:
- Your mobile carrier will still be able to monitor your activity online.
- This method will use up your smartphone’s monthly data allowance. Since mobile data can cost a lot of money, it is worth considering whether this is a worthwhile use of your data plan.
Why Do I Need To Hide My IP Address?
There are numerous motivations to hide your IP address to –
- Protect your online privacy
- Bypass website blocks
- Unlock streaming content
- Avoid government censorship
- Bypass IP bans
- Prevent targeted advertising
Protect Your Privacy and Security
Each site you visit logs your IP address. With this data they can decide your nation, city of home, and ISP.
These subtleties can be joined with data about your perusing propensities —, for example, how much time you spend on a page or what you click on — to fabricate a point by point profile of you and your online action.
All the more critically, web access suppliers (ISPs) utilize your IP address to recognize and record your perusing conduct.
ISPs can utilize your IP address to:
- Log your browsing activity.
- Block you from visiting certain websites.
- Share your data with third-parties and authorities.
- Slow down your connection speeds.
In the US, ISPs are lawfully permitted to sell your web perusing information. In an ongoing report it was additionally uncovered that AT&T hinders client traffic to sites like Netflix and YouTube by over 70% — a cycle known as choking. Concealing your IP address can help sidestep these practices.
In nations like the UK, ISPs are compelled to gather logs of the sites visited by each IP address. These logs are accessible to experts on request and are hidden away as long as a year. Whenever mentioned, ISPs can interface every IP address and its related movement to an individual client.
Sites, web access suppliers, and applications utilize your IP address to see where you’re found. They would then be able to utilize this data to impede clients in specific areas from seeing a few — or all — of their substance. This is known as a geographic limitation or geo-block.
Geo-blocks are implemented for various reasons:
- For government censorship.
- Due to copyright and licensing laws.
- To save on operational costs.
In outrageous cases like in China, more than 10,000 site spaces are hindered including significant sites like Google and Wikipedia. In different nations, certain Netflix shows and YouTube recordings are difficult to reach due to permitting laws.
The best way to unblock these sites is to cause it to appear as though you’re interfacing from an alternate nation. You can do this by concealing your IP address and supplanting it with a location from a nation of your decision.
ISPs and sites can likewise boycott an IP address for quite a few reasons. Ordinarily, this is on the grounds that a client has disrupted a site’s norms, yet site overseers have the ability to boycott IPs at whatever point they need.
Prevent Targeted Advertising
Sites and sponsors utilize your area and other individual data to target you with customized adverts.
While we’re informed that it’s for our advantage, it’s frequently pretty much amplifying their benefits.
Your IP address additionally gets utilized via aircrafts and other online retailers to expand costs dependent on your area. Contingent upon where you live, you may be demonstrated costs that are unmistakably more costly than the standard.
Concealing your IP address will assist you with reclaiming your protection from promoting organizations and exploit less expensive costs.
Does Incognito Mode Hide Your IP Address?
Incognito mode on Google Chrome doesn’t conceal your IP address.
The main bit of leeway of Incognito Mode or Firefox’s Private Browsing Mode is that the sites you visit don’t get spared in your perusing history.
ISPs, specialists, and the sites you visit are still totally allowed to track and record your perusing movement.
For more data on private perusing and in disguise mode, you can peruse our manual for private programs.